Category: Journal Article
Tags: Email overload
Source Author: Teri Saylor
Source Date: 9/12/2020
Source Name: Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Source URL: Link to Source Article or Site
After spending the last few days managing a massive volume of email, I decided to look online for some practical tips that can be practiced to be more efficient and effective in preventing email overload.
This article published in the AICPA online news provides several practical tips such as:
- Adopt an email folder system to organize your emails
- Use filters to automatically file or better yet delete unwanted emails
- Don’t use emails for conversation, try good old telephone or in person conversations
- Don’t allow emails to interrupt workflow or other planned activities
- Avoid “reply to all” when really not required
- Don’t skim and skip to come back later, handle once
- Think before you send, is the email important? would you want to receive it?
- Read the full article and helpful insights when dealing with a deluge of email